The next 2 weeks are school holidays and though we homeschool we have found it worthwhile to take a break at the same time as school for a few reasons. One, we need a break, and two it is a good time to catch up with our friends who do go to school. We will actually take a 3rd week during which I’ll do lesson prep and the kids will do a little independent work, and enjoy some down time (to have a rest from our very busy social school holidays!!)
Though we have friends staying and two of our kids are off to a youth camp for a few days, I thought I’d make a list of things we could do (hopefully will do) so that this time doesn’t just slip away.
5 things to do this study break (school holidays)
- spend time with friends (this includes the youth camp and two lots of friends visiting)
- go to waterhole (hopefully they won’t dry up before we get out there one more time)
- take away dinner in the park
- evening at the library
- creative day with my kids (where we all work on our projects, together but independently)
5 other things we could do but I think we’ll run out of time!
- go for a bushwalk
- visit the art gallery
- park hop with friends
- night time picnic
- be a tourist and visit the next town (1 hours drive