One of the challenges I’ve given myself is to clear out my inbox – to keep only the days emails there, to have them gone by night time. This means dealing with the content, deleting the email or delegating the task to a specific person/time for completion. I have deleted many old and irrelevant to now emails and it feels great to have an almost empty inbox.
I have also sidelined all my online reading to the weekend. And in doing so have come up with a list of links that I’d like to share with you:
- Jessica has been reading “Choosing to See” over the last few weeks – she has shared much of the story and her reactions with me but I still enjoyed reading her review – though it made me cry as much as when she talked about it. A truly moving story.
- I try and take something to talk about to the breakfast table on Sunday . Apparently there has been talk that Jesus had a wife. http://stayathomedaughter.com/2012/09/21/why-jesus-could-not-have-had-a-wife/ and http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/2012/09/21/feedback-was-jesus-married
- We went to a memorial service this weekend, celebrating the life of a friend and community identity. Lots of different emotions going through my heart, but it is very easy to play to compare game – which only leads to discontent. A timely read. Be content.
- I love table runners but there are a few here I would never have thought of…
- This wife shares her heart with her husband travelling for business. Peter is also away a lot and I could identify with this blogger…though I’ve been doing this for many years, the challenge is not to grow weary and let my attitude and responses drop.
- I need a new everyday bag – maybe this will work, with a bag organiser inside…
- I love these monochrome designs… maybe I can do a bit of scraplifting this afternoon.
- A timely reminder from Jimmie to look at Operation Christmas Child for this year