Do you ever have those days where you run our of time to prepare dinner – or as it has been happening to me lately, I forget to prepare dinner ahead of time! These are my top ten simple meals for such times. I tend to have the ingredients in fridge, freezer or pantry for at least one of these meals at any time.
- Eggs with salad (or eggs on toast)
- Something from a can – spaghetti, baked beans, creamed corn
- Risotto – with canned or frozen veggies
- Fried rice – with frozen veggies
- Pasta and bottled sauce
- Lentils and pasta
- Toasted Sandwiches or wraps
- Veggie platter and dip (extra special if I put a selection of cheeses out too)
- Soups – throw all veggies into a pot with stock, cook, blend!
- Salad box salad (everything we can think of gets thrown into the bowl)
These meals are also the top ten meals to first teach your kids! Once they can prepare these meals you have a double-whammy up your sleeve for when you get busy – not only do you have a quick meal to serve your family, but you don’t have to prepare it because the kids can!!