Every so often I like to grab the camera and take photos of what the children are doing then and there. No tidying up, only a little bit of posing! I seem to always do this in the morning though so I must try and get some afternoon moments.
Joshua had just taken a break from his studies, and was on his way back to his office when the phone rang. He took a message. Answering the phone has always meant that potentially there is a client of Peters on the phone so the children have to always answer business like and be prepared to take messages.
Jessica was trying to tell me that she has decided on a topic for her speech which has to be prepared in about 3 weeks time (but I was only interested in taking the photo!!) We have been working on mind-mapping and it is really helping her not only brainstorm ideas but arrange those ideas as well.
Nomi had just edited a piece she had written on Martin Luther. After we went through some of the IEW lessons she is out of practice in applying she rewrote it. She just sat down to the computer to type it up for me to read. Following the IEW prompts she has written about three times her original paragraph.
Daniel had completed his writing on Martin Luther and has decided to use that as his speech. He is reading a book to understand Martin Luther and his situation more so he will add to his speech more and more as he reads more. I asked him to clean out the sprinklers this morning I think he welcomed the break from reading and writing.
What else has happened today:
- The kids woke up and quickly went down to the Sandalwood trees to de-vine a row each. When they came back they finished their chores, showered and spent some time relaxing.
- We had a time of prayer together and then I set the main work I wanted completed today written piece on Martin Luther and brainstorm topic for speech. Jessica is likely to get more done today but that will be all the academics for Nomi and Daniel. Im not teaching again today as I have a bad headache and reading aloud hurts!!
- The girls have had piano practice
- Joshua has organised his exam location and supervisor
- Jess also completed a unit in her science Trees
- Josh cooked lunch is putting freezer meals in the oven considered cooking? Probably not but her prepared lunch. He did cook dinner though.
- The girls cut and bagged mangoes for the freezer
- I went to town for chores that needed to be done
- The kids worked on creative projects