Over the weekend I had two little people staying with us while their parents went away for the weekend. A five year old and a four year old. They were delightful to have but it reminded me of how life has changed now that I have older children. Here are some things I was reminded of as I dealt with little ones again:
- Be clear in my expectations know what I want them to do and stick to it.
- Be close by their focusing skills are not as developed therefore if I dont want them to be distracted I need to be with them
- Feed them hungry children dont have self control!
- Speak in quiet firm voice is more effective than yelling
- Some times you just need a cuddle!