As I mentioned in my previous post I had two main thoughts for heart training this week. Here are more of my thoughts.
My two training goals:
* that we use our time wisely, that we are aware of what we are doing and what we should be doing.
* that we recognise and encourage each other in our different gifts and strengths
I came to these two points through two lines of thought
1. seeing a weakness in our family life
2. seeing what was planned and how I could address the weaknesses in amongst all our commitments and plans.
With just a few minutes of thought – I’ve thought on the character trait that is lacking –
* Orderliness – I will use things only for their intended purposes (even time)
* Self control – I will not act impulsively
* punctuality – I will plan a daily schedule and keep it!
* Thoroughness – I will finish what I start
* Encouragement – to put courage in, so the other person will be all that they can be
(these words come from Character First definitions)
I will use these key phrases throughout the week. I am going to make a poster using a stoplight as our signal of caution – and self control (stop, think about it, go)
So what are you going to teach your kids hearts this week?