Another Tell Me Tuesday meme from Aussie Homeschool blog
My blogging habits:
I would like to blog every day, but reality is otherwise. Reality says I blog when I’ve got something to say and when I have a moment to type it up. I get lots of blog thoughts throughout the day but only a fraction of them ever make it online. I have spits and spurts with my blogging – I’ll go great for a season, blogging nearly every day and then I’ll take a week or so off. I don’t feel any pressure about that – blogging has to fit in around whatever else is going on. On those days where everything goes well, I like to blog at the dining table on my laptop, while the kids do the evening dishes. This works better than taking myself off to the office though often I forget to do it!
How long have I been blogging?
I started blogging mid 2005 – so that makes it 3 ½ years.
Why do I blog?
I blog for a few reasons
1. To process my thoughts especially when I’m learning something new, or trying to change my habits – kind of like a narration, Charlotte Mason style!
2. To record our learning, especially if it is not book-orientated
3. To encourage other homeschool families to enjoy their family life as well as be diligent in their discipleship/homeschooling their children.
These reasons have remained fairly constant over the years though the priority order changes with the seasons of my life.
What do I blog about?
Though I like to write about anything that comes to mind my blog categories are as follows and I guess most of what I write falls into one of these categories:
- Learning Happens – this is where I journal about our days, regardless if it was planned learning or just family life opportunities
- Homeschool (discipleship), – articles and thoughts to encourage the why and how of discipleship homeschool
- Be a deliberate parent – often there is very little difference between parenting thoughts and discipleship thoughts but when I have thoughts about being deliberate in the training of our children they go here.
- Homemaking – making my house a home for my family and friends
- Just my thoughts – a mix-match of ideas as they come to me, covering all my hats: wife, mum, homemaker, homeschooler, friend etc…
- Walking with God – the occasional devotional thought
- Family – about us and the things that our extended family maybe interested in reading about.
(It is easy to search on any category by the search box to the right ->->)
My favourite aspect of blogging?
I have enjoyed how blogging has opened up the homeschool community to me. As I read other blogs I find friends, I find help and ideas from real people, I find encouragement and thoughts to reflect upon.
My least favourite aspect of blogging?
There is too much to read and think about.
Blogging can create an information overload.
Blogging can take you away from your family – you maybe present in body but your thoughts and emotions are creating the next blog post.