Mother’s Day is coming into its own in our household this year (and last year for that matter!) When the kids were little, unless Pete was home, the day was pretty much a non-event. But not so now… The kids are older and there are all sorts of benefits!
1. They can see the advertising so they know the day is coming up!
2. They love me and want to bless me so their minds are already ticking!
3. They can create, cook, clean, make decisions by themselves!
4. They asked me what I wanted….
So I have asked for a day for scrapbooking…. won’t that be great.
Just so this won’t be a totally selfish post I’ll reflect a little on the benefits to the kids –
1. They are learning to look for opportunities to bless others
2. They are learning to work together to bless others
3. They are becoming able in life skills such as decision making, shopping, cooking etc
4. They are learning to put a plan into action
5. They are learning the skills necessary to occupy themselves so Mummy can scrapbook…..
Oh dear it has ended up about me again!
What is scheming in your family for Mother’s Day?