Welcome to the Australian Mums encouraging Mums blog hop.
Michelle, from Homeschooling Downunder and I have been blogging here in Australia for a long time. We’d like to gather together like hearted mums – mums who have a heart for their families and who blog – so that we can share with each other and be a support. A blog hop is simply a weekly gathering where we share what’s happening on our blogs – we read each other’s posts, leave comments and generally get to know each other. If you don’t blog, but you are here reading, we’d love to get to know you too and we can do that as you leave comments and say hello.
To get this blog hop started we are going to have four weeks of themes as we get to know each other. Today, being our first blog hop the theme is “Why did you start blogging?” – Michelle and I look forward to reading your stories. If you’ve not done a blog hop before – what you do is write a blog post (on the theme – if there is one) and then come back here and link up the URL of your post. This will make it easy for others to come and visit your blog. We hope you’ll find this fun!
Week 1: Why did you start blogging (and why do you keep blogging)?
Here are some prompts for this week’s blog post:
- Why I blog: my reason, purpose, goals,
- What attracted you to blogging
- My blogging story – when I started, what it looked like then, what it looks like now.
- What I’ve learnt because I blog
- What do I do other than blog (yes, I do have another life)
- What are some things about you that you’ve never shared on your blog
- Do you read other blogs? Which blogs inspire you
- Links to your top blog posts
Week 2: Tell us about your plans for 2016 – what are your goals, what changes are you making from last year, maybe share a day in your week.
Week 3: Advice to my best friend who wants to start Homeschooling
Week 4: Tour Australia – if we came to visit you, where would you take us on a family outing. A good opportunity to play tourist for the day and blog about it.
After these four weeks of getting to know each other, the invitation will be there to share any of your blog posts – regardless of the topics.
We want this to be easy and fun so keeping rules to a minimum (just so things work).
- If you are an Australian mum, and you blog please join in.
- Blog linkup will be open from Monday 8.00am – Thursday 8.00pm (WST) – but you can visit any time.
- By sharing here you agree to be notified about future blog hops
Instead of too many rules let’s just be courteous and be a good friend. A good friend always encourages:
- You could visit a few blogs and leave comments – this is the best way to encourage others.
- You could follow your hosts, Michelle and Belinda
- You could follow the blog hop Pinterest Board
By sharing it’s like bringing a friend to a party. The more the merrier.