I was recently asked for some suggestions of games we play now that our kids are older. Here are the top 10 at the moment – of course, games come and go in favour.
- Sequence – as a family we play in teams
- Dutch Blitz
- Monopoly Deal
- Take two – an adaptation from Scrabble, with no board
- Backgammon (since our trip to Turkey) only for 2 players
- Othello – only for 2 players
- Apples to Apples
- Settlers – Catan (we haven’t played this as a family yet but the kids and their friends love it.)
Not only do we play these games (or most of them) as a family, I love it when the kids pull out a game and play it amongst themselves.