Over the last fortnight I have shared 7 keys for Discipleship Learning. I hope they have been a help to you as you start to plan your homeschooling year in 2013. They have actually pulled me up in my tracks – even as I wrote I knew I was processing a challenge to myself. I have already planned our studies for 2013 – and yet next week I go back to the drawing board. My plans are not right!
- I have planned in reaction to what I see happening in other families (and a fear of being behind!)
- I have planned too much – in a hope of ‘catching up’
- I have planned out of pressure to use all of the good ideas I’ve collected
I need to go back and consider
- What is the most important thing for each of my children this year – for each sphere of their life
- How can we best meet those needs.
This is a discipleship process – not an education process. This is the process a parent goes through, not that of a school teacher.
Here are links to the whole series:
Key 2: It’s all about Heart
Key 4: Live life with your Kids
Key 5: A Relationship with Jesus
Key 6: Bible First