To kick start the new year, I’ll be sharing seven keys to discipleship learning over the next seven days. As I write it will be a refresher course for myself, as I reflect on the important things in the teaching and training our kids. I hope you find them helpful to set the framework for your coming year too.
To start off with, what is discipleship learning? This is how I would describe it: Discipleship learning is
- based on being a follower of Jesus
- is a Christian word for ‘mentor’. We are our children’s mentor
- is the passing on of values, one generation to the next
- is living life, every day with our kids and learning from our experiences
- is teaching and training our kids hearts, not just their heads
- is to prepare our kids to love and serve God and his purposes
- recognises that God creates each of us as unique, with individual interests, abilities and passions.
Discipleship is passing on of values
One generation to the next.
How these things unfold in each of our family lives will depend on each individual family. Over the next few days I’ll be talking about
* the importance of the heart
* a discipleship scope and sequence
* finding value in your lifestyle
* Biblical world view
Until then… Happy New Year!
Did you know you can get email notification when I update my blog? You can see the ‘sign me up’ button there on the right hand side of my blog. Alternatively, like my facebook page, Lifestyle Homeschool, and receive notifications that way.