We are still dividing our morning between study and helping me catch up. I’ve been blah with the flu this week so some days were pretty light as far as me achieving anything so it has been a tremendous blessing having the kids work on my to-do list.
- The girls served morning tea at Church on Sunday – being totally responsible for serving everyone tea and coffee.
- Daniel cleaned up outside the house, in particular put away boxes and containers from our mango picking, and cleaned the BBQ from the weekend
- Nomi and Daniel did some deep cleaning for me with cleaning fans, carpets and furniture
- Nomi ironed
- Daniel did a scientific test to see why our water feature is losing so much water every day. He came to the conclusion that the container doesn’t have a leak so it must be something to do with the pump. He decided upon the ‘experiment’ himself with a hypothesis and well defined variables.
- Nomi painted our Jesse Tree board and made leaves for Daniel to draw on after we read each story.
- Jess helped me tremendously in the office with admin tasks
- We went to town and bought shoes and clothes, and a few Christmas presents. I think I prefer internet shopping!
- The girls cooked for Mainly Music morning tea
- Girls started to make their Christmas presents (of course – no photos for a while!)
- Jess helped me rewrite our chore charts – tweaking what wasn’t working and making it clear what needed to happen at certain times of the day
- Joshua is in exam week so he had his head down working very hard in his office
- The kids were consistent with their math, the girls practiced piano and Nomi and Daniel are into writing their story nearly every day – both of them are writing long stories at the moment.
- Nomi’s guinea pig – Fidget – died. She was kind of expecting it and wasn’t very upset. In fact she felt weird that she wasn’t upset.
- Peter and I went out on a lunch date over the weekend. We visited the local art gallery for a quick squiz and then went out for lunch.
- I had a quick cuppa with a friend
This week we started our Christmas Devotional because with the family wedding Peter and I are going to we will lose a week of reading. So instead of being behind I thought we’d start early. This is a new book for us. Each night we read a chapter. Each chapter retells a Bible story – it has been written in a very narrative style. Daniel is drawing the symbol of the Jesse Tree each day on a leaf cutout. I chose to do the Jesse Tree this year because it will do Daniel good to hear an overview of the Bible stories. There are many different Jesse Tree studies but they all follow the story of the Bible showing our need for a saviour and God’s plan to send His Son.
Character Focus: We continue to attack ‘slackness’ with the idea of virtue: consistently doing the right thing. This week we were particularly focused on after dinner dishes and leaving the kitchen tidy. Just in time too because the wet season makes the house very attractive to ants! I hate ants in the house!!