My main goal for this coming week is to get back into the routines of everyday life.
- Early morning routines which includes waking times, exercise, times with God, and chores
- After lunch routines which is probably the mini routine that has the most change for this year we will have lunch, do chores, have a read aloud time, and then individual reading times though this will be disturbed on the days we go to the pool
- Evening routines where the main goal will be to get everyone into bed on time.
When I find either the children or myself struggling in our routine the easiest thing to do is to change the routine but really we have a good established plan which gives us direction and yet plenty of scope for flexibility so what probably needs working on is more the issue of self discipline. Blaming a routine for sloppiness in our home is much like a workman blaming his tools. Our routine is only a tool and we need to use it to help us be wise with our time, but ultimately it comes down the self discipline to do the right thing, at the right time.
Some of the issues we have identified to help us keep on track in using our time wisely and as we intend
- Get off the computer or close the books at 6.00am!
- Get into bed at a decent time.
- Make time to prepare healthy food
- Be realistic about the time you need for the tasks at hand