When we were away for our holidays we stayed with a lot of different people. One thing I enjoy doing is observing how people do things around the home. Years ago, our second child was brought into this world by c.section which meant I needed help around the house for about 6 weeks. One thing that blessed me so much was a neighbour came in to hang my washing every morning. Occasionally another friend would hang a second load. It amused me to see how many different ways clothing can be hung on the line. Everyone did it their own way and all for good reasons!
So when we were visiting family and friends I observed how things were done as things were done differently. Whenever I saw something that would help the efficiency of my home I discretely took a photo with my phone so I would remember to implement that when I came home.
- It was so welcoming to find a chocolate (individually wrapped) on my towel, which was placed on the bed my friend made up for me.
- Another lovely thing this friend did was sent us off on our travels with some home cooked food.
- We were reminded of what it feels like as a guest when the host is ready for you when you arrive you feel like you are expected, and theyve put time aside for you. A really special feeling and one I want to replicate when we have guests turn up be it for a meal or an overnight stay
- This one was from my father in law I think he thought I was nuts noticing this!! But he has a marker in his shed which he writes the date on his eggs as he collects them, before he brings them inside. I love that idea. We date our eggs but I want to put a marker out in the chook shed for the kids to mark as they collect the eggs.
- This one is from my mother in law she had a disposable water bottle sitting at her ironing board ready to refill her iron. This was the first thing I implemented when we started to unpack and get sorted. You top up your iron and then while the iron is heating up you go and fill up your bottle so it is ready for the next time. In the past Ive often had a jug of water near the ironing board but it always gets knocked over and water goes everywhere!!