A few days ago it was Nomi’s Birthday – she turned 14. How time flies.
We have a few birthday traditions in our house:
1. birthday person chooses the menu for breakfast and dinner
2. birthday person is releived from all family chores
3. we try and take a nice photo of birthday person – by themselves and then with the family
4. I write a ‘mum’s letter’ to the birthday person and create a mini poster that reflects my prayer for them
5. We pray as a family for the birthday person – we encourage each of the children to pray outloud for their sibling or parent.
This birthday has been a little different as we have been on holiday (as we often are for Nomi’s birthday). But most of these traditions still happened (we still have to pray together and we’ll do that when Josh comes home). But this post is supposed to be about Nomi —-
- She is outgoing, fun and delightful though she has her quiet moments too
- She has a flair with colour and when it comes to fashion she knows what she likes (and doesn’t like!)
- She is likes adventure and will give most things a go.
- She enjoys drawing and painting and this year wants to learn more about watercolours.
- She enjoys sewing and I look forward to what projects she takes on this year – she has loved shopping for fabric and bits and pieces while on holidays – she is well prepared for some great projects
- She enjoys her piano lessons and is on the look out for a funky piece to learn this year
- But most importantly of all she is growing in her love for the Lord – with a soft heart towards his ways.
My prayer for her is from Proverbs 3:5,6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight.