How easy it is to say today was not . (insert – not productive, not on track, not doing school, not what I planned etc. But we should look at what did happen today before we make these less than encouraging assessments.
Our house today was not ……………… but it was many other things.
- Joshua spent time motivating and instructing Daniel on a creative project
- Daniel spent time on building a model of a medieval castle under attack
- The girls had music lessons
- Daniel had reading lessons
- Joshua attempted study today but I think he only achieved 15minutes of Latin
- I spent time talking to a mum about attitudes in her kids, and another mum about growing up with her kids (letting things go)
- Jess helped me decide on a menu for Peters birthday party
- Each of the kids wrote a note to their dad for his birthday (were onto it this year nice and early!)
- I finished a gift album using digital scrapbooking
- We watched a Get Smart episode together (this is about making memories shared laughter etc etc LOL)
- Kids have done chores laundry washed and folded away, bathroom clean, dinner cooked, pets looked after etc, house fairly tidy
- Kids have been involved in discussions about literature, beliefs and favourite movies
- Weve prayed for people in need
- Josh bought something on e-bay (lesson for online shopping, credit card etc)
- We read a story together
- Nomi looked after a little person for a while
- Jessica helped Nomi with her new blog header
- Nomi helped me with my digital scrapbooking
- Joshua kept me plied with hot water bottles, arnica and panadol for my sore back
- Joshua kept an eye on the irrigation waters
- We had an impromptu visit with friends (they stayed in the car, we stood outside talking pretending we werent having a visit!)
So it is fairly obvious why we didnt do today we were too busy doing what we did do!