/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
James and Simone Boswell did a session on purity. I appreciated this session because they presented purity as more than abstinence – purity needs to touch every aspect of our life. Here is an outline of some of their thoughts.
Spiritual purity – Ps 119 How can a young man keep his way pure?
· Worshipping God
· Church fellowship
· Study the word
· Life of prayer
Intellectual Purity – See to it that no one takes you captive (Reference???)
Do our thoughts line up with God’s thoughts?
· Creation / Evolution
· Sexual revolution – roles of men/women, family structure, societies expectations
Emotional Purity – Ps 51:10
· Our imagination – fantasies
· Our feelings
· Are we people pleasing? Are we living for God?
· Pefectionism or excellence
· Emotional attachments
Physical Purity – 1 Thess 4:1-7
It is more than abstinence
Purity Guidelines to live by:
· Teach about God
· Pray for and with our children
· Study and pray ourselves, require our children to do this for themselves
· Go to church as a family
· Demonstrate service in the church and community
· Avoid soaking ourminds with anti-God culture
· Teach to use time wisely
· Encourage to choose friends wisely
· Offer an alternative world-view (proactively teach this)
· Dress in a way that does not provoke temptation
· Ask ourselves
o Is it God honouring?
o Does it de-sensitise us?