Decluttering – it always seems to be a topic of conversation. We have too much stuff. Here are a few lessons I am coming to grip with
* We don’t use 1/2 of what we own, so ditching 20% shouldn’t be that hard!
* This stuff slowly accumulated, like a frog in boiling water. Now that I am aware of it though I can chip away at it, a bit every day.
* Organising my storage space before I work on my clutter – find a home for it first – then everything will have its place.
So with these lessons in mind I am trying to declutter three areas a week (and Jess is going to take on 1 area for me)
This week my areas are:
1. Shoes / handbags
2. Jewellery (lots of costume jewellery! Love it!)
3. Clothes – folded on the shelves in the wardrobe.
Jessica will sort and organise the office cupboard.
Yesterday I set aside 1/2 hour to do my shoes and handbags – I ended up spending 2 hours and working on my clothes as well. My wardrobe is looking great! Still a lot of work to go but bit by bit we will get there.
I removed two big bags of soft toys that we have set aside to donate to the hospital. Today they will be washed and given away.
I threw away two bags of clothes that are so old, stretched, or stained to be enjoyable to wear.
I threw away several handbags and broken shoes (why have I kept broken shoes I don’t know!!)
I’ve put aside another large bag of clothes to give away.