/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
This morning we were challenged with the thought are we soaked in the world or soaked in the word?
The world is full of messages that saturate our spirit. Do we feed on that or do we feed on the Word.
The world tells us:
· that we need more material stuff,
· that we need to know all the gory details of sin in the world (the News),
· that we take our values from our peers and the family is not significant,
· that busyness is necessary to be successful,
· that dads aren’t capable of anything other than working and paying the bills,
· that nudity is okay,
· that we need to look after #1 (me).
Word gives us a totally different message.
We can soak in the World by
· Watching TV / DVDs
· Internet viewing
· Newspaper, magazine reading
· Friendship and conversation with peers
· Being aware of advertsing
We can soak in the Word by:
· Absorption (reading 1 chapter for 30 days – get it into your heart)
· Visualisation – story telling and singing scripture
· Verbalisation – repeating, retelling
Do I have the word of God in my heart to the point that it flows out of my mouth naturally?
The next question I need to ask myself is what do my children listen to – are they listening to the worldly influences more than they listen to the biblical influences? Is the Word of God established so much in their hearts that they talk about it throughout the day?