I was doing some reading and research this morning on various homeschooling methods / philosophies. In amongst all the big words that the writers/speakers where using I was left with the challenge to get back to the Bible.
In all the mumbo jumbo of the philosophical world the bottom line is what does God say?
- God says He made us, He has a plan for us, He will show us that plan.
- God says that He wants relationship with us He loves us and wants to walk in daily communication with us.
- Jesus gave us a command to love God with all our heart and to love others.
- Jesus also gave us the command to go out into all the world and make disciples.
- We are to become more and more like Christ
Im not making a definitive list here of theology but these are the things that come to my mind; these things were certainly missing in the methods of education I was reading about. I believe God has put these things on my heart this morning in response to my reading.
What does this mean for my family? As I start to plan for the coming year these are the bottom line, the Basis for my decisions. I want to refer to what God says, and see if my decisions are going to help my family be obedient, to grow in Gods ways and to be disciples; prepared for each day as it comes, prepared for the life ahead of us.