We have just finished our Book arts lesson. I worked with the kids step by step though they did their folding and gluing. I was impressed with their choices of card for their pages – they thought through what “went” with their stamped art.
We used a4 photocopy paper for our printing a few weeks ago. I was going to do the activity again on better paper and never got there. This paper worked really well. We used some of my scrapbooking card for the pages of the book today. They now are talking about what to use the book for… so many opportunities!
They would like to make another book. I will cut their papers for them and leave them to it totally – tomorrow.
Jessica tried to create a closure for the book by gluing this tab and using velcro. She decided she didn't like it in the end and removed it. We are still left with the challenge of keeping the book closed.